Carrots are nutritional heroes, they store a goldmine of nutrients. No other vegetable or fruit contains as much carotene as carrots, which the body converts to vitamin A. This is a truly versatile vegetable and an excellent source of vitamins B and C as well as calcium pectate, an extraordinary pectin fibre that has been found to have cholesterol-lowering properties
– Carrots – 5 Nos
– Garlic – 2 Nos
– Butter- 2 tsp
– tomato – 1 or tomato puree
– curry leaves
– coriander leaves
– Garam Masala – 1/2tsp
– Black pepper Powder – 1tsp
– salt to taste
– Peel & slice 4 carrots
– Grate the remaining carrot & keep aside for further use.
– Melt butter in a pan, saute sliced carrot & garlic until the raw smell goes.
– Pressure cook the carrot + garlic & grind it well.
– Saute the grated carrot & tomatoes in the remaining butter, add the above mixture.
– Allow it to cook for few minutes and add milk.
– Lower the flame and add black pepper powder and garam masala to the soup.
– Just before serving add curry leaves & coriander leaves